I AM GETTING BAD GAS MILEAGE

1991 Toyota Previa • 176,000 miles

I have a 91 toyta previa that has recently started using way to much fuel, I put £25 in and only got 36 miles in return for it. The car run great, no lack of power, no rattles bangs or any noises what so ever, no smoke, at it last mot there was no issue with em as said in question high fuel usage and it seems to be getting worse, I have checked for a fuel leak and there was none, all fuel pipes in good nick and dry, nothing coming out of the exhaust that shouldnt be.I am baffled
Thun377

When the last time you have it tune-up? Reduced fuel economy can be caused by many things within the vehicle-such as ignition, fuel and compression problems, etc

The last tune was 9 months ok and everything was fine?

Thun377
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs if not could be the injectors leaking, fuel pressure regulator or a clogged return line-

Probable causes of an engine running rich are as follows: 1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line

2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.

3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.

4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.

5. Restricted air intake system.