CAR WONT TURN OVER, UNKNOWN IF FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR OR, INJECOTRS OR SUMTHING COMPLETLY DIFFERENT.

1991 Pontiac Sunbird • 500,000 miles

So I have just graduated and my grandpa gave me his 91 sunbird gt 3.1L, so when my dad went to drive it home from my grandperents we noticed that is stalled at every red light, stop sing, ect. So I changed the TPS, and IAC sensors. Nothing really changed. Later in the week we noticed it was lacking power at full throttle barely making it anywhere. From the start it had a rich gas scent. It has new spark plugs and wires. So when I went to clean the throttle body out I sprayed appropriete cleaner in let it run for 15 mins tried to reverse out and it died never started again sadly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

sorry if im everywhere in the conversation im just very confuzed in the situation, and don have money for the shop untill I get into trades this summer. Im very DIY so im not afraid to do sum tlc. Ive already buy a good 8 hrs of straight work into it

Jrbrat94

Is there then any codes?Have you checked for codes yet?So doe you have spark?Fuel pressure?If so what is the pressure?Also do you have injector pluse?

My battery died so I just kept getting code 12 witch was just that u accessed the ecm, theres spark and havent been able to check pressure, and how do you check the pulse?

Jrbrat94
You get a noid light plug it into each injector harness connector then crank the engine and it should flash. You can rent a fuel pressure tester gauge at auto zone. Also did this car sit for any length of time?

Ok tomorrow im going to get a fuel pressure guage and the noid light aswell, im going to have to get a car jumper aswell because it is low on batttery after testin sensors and trying the codes. And yes this car has been sitting for around 8 months, we put fuel stabilizer in the tank aswell.

Jrbrat94
Also have the battery tested and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight a bad battery will cause stalling.

New connectors were put in before I recieved the car, and I checked all sensor connectors, a friend just mentioned it may be the ignition control module aswell im not so sure tho.

Jrbrat94
The connectors have been replaced, and ive check all connectors for wear and so on. My grandpa maintaned it very well. My friend said it could be the icm as well? I also went to part source and they dont rent out the fuel pressure guage but they said its definatly not the problem

Jrbrat94
If you have spark on all the cylinders its not going to be the ignition module. Also if you never checked the fuel pressure how does the guy at the parts store know thats not the problem?Also have you checked the coolat temp sensor?Do we have injector pluse?

My sensor does need replacing buy thats after I get it to start, and for injector pulse we have that, but afuel pressure guage is to pricy for me at the moment.

Jrbrat94
A bad coolant temp sensor can cause a no start thats why I asked about. It can also cause it to stall run poorly etc. Have you tried spraying a little carb spray in the intake to see if it would run for a few seconds?You dont have a auto zone by you?They rent tools fuel pressure gauge etc. Also do you have Mulimeter to do some testing?