MERCEDES, 4 DR SEDAN..... I'M TRYING TO REPLACE THE LEFT FRONT WINDOW REGULATOR. I GOT IT IN, BUT IT DOESN'T RAISE THE WINDOW CORRECTLY.... ONE SIDE IS HIGHER THAN THE OTHER. THERE IS A LOOSE PART, ABOUT SIX INCHES LONG THAT I DON'T KNOW WHERE

1991 Mercedes Benz 300e • 240,000 miles

1991 300E mercedes, 4 dr sedan. I'm trying to replace the left front window regulator. I got it in, but it doesn't raise the window correctly. One side is higher than the other. There is a loose part, about six inches long that I don't know where it goes. When I took the old one out, I failed to note exactly where this part was. It's like it almost fell out. Do you have a diagram to show me where to put it? I feel so ignorant. Help videos seem to take it for granted that anyone can reattach the window to the regulator. I've repaired cameras, rebuilt an engine or two, even rebuilt a gm hydromatic transmission, but can't figure this one out. Help please!
Burniemc

You could always take the other side apart and see where it goes?

Fixitmr
Thank you, fixitmr, I thought of that last night, but decided it might be worth a few bucks not to have to do that. But, I think I will do that now. Don't want to wait. I appreciate your input, though.

Burniemc
And is it part of the regulator assembly you bought or something else in door?

Fixitmr