LINCOLN MARK IV ABS PROBLEM

1991 Lincoln MarK IV • 138,000 miles

First my anti lock brake came on sometimes it goes off sometimes it satys on we checked brakes and rotors there good. Then my nephew drove my car in overdrive mashing it to the floor by accident now when I drive I notice when I'm at 50 the rpm is at 3 which I'm sure is too high. And when I put it in reverse and give it gas it stutters backwards sometimes. The transmission is good no jerks when switching gears and the fluid is good. Please help

The anti-lock brake system has nothing to do with checking brake pads and rotors. The ABS Computer detected a problem with that system, set a diagnostic fault code, turned the system off, and turned the yellow warning light on to tell you. The place to start is by having the fault code read. That will indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.