WERE ARE THE RELAY SWITCHES

1991 Honda Civic • 400,000 miles

I have a 1991 Honda Civic 4 door. The drivers side automatic seat belt has stopped working. I have to detach it and reattach it by hand every time I get in or out. Is it a relay switch? Were are the relay switches?
Ellehcim

The system consists of many switches and sensors and you need to diagnose and find out what is causing it.

BEFORE TROUBLE SHOOTING

Check the No. 1 (10A) fuse in the dash fuse box

Check that the horn sounds.

Check that each indicator light comes on for about 2 seconds when the ignition switch is turned on. If no indicator lights come on, check for an open circuit or blown bulb.

Move the car to quiet location where you won't be a road hazard. Drive the car between 10 and 15 MPH, lean forward against the shoulder belt and abruptly apply the brakes, not hard, just enough to dip the front end. You should feel the belt lock as the front end dips. If the shoulder belt locks, its locking mechanism is working. Repeat this procedure for the lap belt, pulling on the belt when
abruptly applying the brakes as above. If the lap belt locks, its mechanism is working.