INTAKE

1991 Honda Civic • 141,000 miles

I got a pgm-fi intake(pic below) and notice that the way air comes in it hits a barrier and I guess it might restrict the air going in, if I remove the small metal would that help with an improvement with the air going in.(2nd pic)

Ash77777

The strip is there for a purpose and removing it is going to change the characteristics of the sir flow. Why would you want to do that?

Cause maybe more airflow better performance, I was gonna add an new cold air intake which replaces the whole part. Cause it could be remove and not have to take all off or just remove all and have to purchase the aftermarket part.

Ash77777
Such tinkling is not going to make any improvement on performance. Air flow means the amount of air going into the throttle, not how it goes in. The strip there do not affect the amount of air going in, it just changes the movement of the air when it goes in.