HONDA ACCORD CLUTCH PROBLEM

1991 Honda Accord

I have a 91 Honda Accord Lx. My clutch pedal works fine when I push it hard and fast but falls to the floor when I push it slow. What would cause this? I have replaced both, master and slave cylinders.
Christinahemingway

Did you bleed the system of all air? Does the clutch work ok?

Thank you for replying. Yes, we have bled the system and the clutch works great and I can drive it as long as I pump the clutch to shift. The problem is that the pedal falls to the floor if I press it slow.

Christinahemingway
It sounds like either you have air in the system or you have a bad clutch master cylinder.

What causes a master cylinder to go bad. It's the 2nd one we have replaced in less than a year.

Christinahemingway
Usually fails from fluid the fluid needs to be chenged every 50k.

What brand did you use?

Idk. Dot 3 from Autozone. A bunch of black stuff came up into the reservoir.

Christinahemingway
That black stuff is old fluid that was never changed. All that has to go and new clean fluid needs to be in there to prevent further failures.

Ok. Thank for all of your input! Fingers crossed that the third time is a charm.

Christinahemingway
Good luck