I NEED TO KNOW WHICH TYPE OF CLUTCH FLUID TO USE IN MY TRUCK

1991 Ford Ranger

What kind of clutch fluid do I use in my 1991 ford ranger? My reservoir was completely empty so I bleed the clutch with mercon v. I was unsure if that was the right fluid but the guy at advanced autoparts told me it was. I have read elsewhere that it sure My reservoir was completely empty so I bleed the clutch with mercon v. I was unsure if that was the right fluid but the guy at advanced autoparts told me it was. I have read elsewhere that it sure be dot 3. What is right?
Mark4vt

Use dot 3 brake fluid

TRANSMISSION JUICE USUALLY EATS UP RUBBER PARTS

(FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, WITH MY BUDDY "TOPPING ME OFF" , BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER, BACK WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY--AND LATER WITH OTHER FOLKS)

IF YOU PUT IT IN YOURS---EXPECT TO REPLACE THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER AND SLAVE CYLINDER

EVEN AFTER JUST HOURS OF BEING IN THERE---AND A REAL GOOD BLEEDING OUT WITH DOT 3, ON BRAKE SYSTEMS, THE MASTER CYLINDER, AND WHEEL CYLINDERS' RUBBER PARTS AND O-RINGS SWELLED UP AND BEGAN TO FAIL OVER THE NEXT WEEK

NOT A GOOD THING!...FUNDS WHERE TIGHT....LABOR WAS FREE, BUT TIME CONSUMING....NOTHING TO DRIVE TILL I GOT 'ER DONE

I HAVE A HARD TIME TRUSTING "WORD OF MOUTH"---I DOUBLE CHECK WITH MY REPAIR MANUAL--OR OTHER "IN WRITING" SOURCES

THE LID/ DIPSTICK ON MANY MANY ITEMS TELLS EXACTLY WHAT TO USE

THIS MAY AID YOU IN DIYing YOUR STUFF

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

LET US KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING