FORD MUSTANG ENGINE PROBLEM

1991 Ford Mustang • 75,500 miles

I cant run a diagnostic test on my car. Its an obd1, I have tried three different scanner to pull a code but it won't read. Engine check light is stuck on. The car runs and drives just fine. I replaced all the sensors and have disconnected the battery but still no luck. I did a few bolt ons but have all the emmisions still on the car stock cam. Just headers catted x pipe and a cat back cai underive pulleys. I'm wondering if the computer is bad. It appears that the last owner has been in the kick panel where the computer is located. I'm wondering if the computer is going bad I don't know what to do to turn it off besides pull the bulb out but I'd like to fix the car properly. Thanks for the help.

I think you going to have to read the codes some kind of way. Could be the 02 sensors not reading or getting bad info. Goes to try to look up how to manually check for codes for you.

Jay4cars1
Find your OBD I connector and there is two, a large one and a small one. If you have a test light, connect one end to the single wire OBD connector and the other the ground. Then turn the key on and the check engine light will flash out codes (in morse code style). Lets say that the code is 45, it will flash four times then pause for three to five seconds then flash five times. Im not sure if your car have the two digit or three digit codes, but that should get you going in.

Jay4cars1