YES FIRST OF ALL HELLO...I HAVE A 91 CROWN VICTORIA LX 5.0 AND THE CAR DOESNT LIKE TO GO OVER 40-45 IT TAKES ITS TIME TO DO SO. I DONT GET THE VIOLENT SHAKING AND******** AND NO THE MOTOR ISN'T REVING FASTER THAN THE CAR IS MOVING ITS LIKE ITS RUNNING

1991 Ford LTD • 172,000 miles

Yes first of all hello.I have a 91 ltd crown victoria lx 5.0 and the car doesnt like to go over 40-45 it takes its time to do so. I dont get the violent shaking and******** and no the motor isn't reving faster than the car is moving its like its running a lilttle lazy. So my guess is not the tranny. Also at first start it idles very low to the point it wants to cut off after it warms up its fine. Please help
Teejay123

Has the check engine light ever come on?

YES THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ALSO ON IT ACTUALLY NEVER TURNS OFF BUT WHEN I GET IT CHECKED IT DOESN'T THROW ANY CODES

Teejay123
That is interesting. Check to make sure the wiring harness is properly attached to the ECM. Next, check the throttle position sensor and check to make sure the catalytic converter isn't plugging. Finally, check to make sure the fuel pressure is within spec at the fuel rail.

OK THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP I WILL TRY EVERYTHING MENTIONED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING

Teejay123
Give me a yell tomorrow and let me know what you find.