WHAT WOULD MAKE THE CAR STALL OUT WHEN PUT IN GEAR.

1991 Dodge Colt • 75,000 miles

Starts great, idles great, when put into any gear, it stalls.
Twilfong1

So it dies when you have the clutch pushed all the way to floor and put it in gear with the clutch still pushed it dies?

This is an automatic.

Twilfong1
So does it stall the moment you put it in gear?

Yes, as soon as you put it in Reverse it dies. And as soon as you put it in drive it dies. Any gear at all. It does not sputter at all. It just dies.

Twilfong1
Take a look at the transmission app I posted and let me know what transmission you have. It sounds like a torque convertor issue though.

I dont know the schematics of the transmission. I have the registration and it says body type 2H, type 120, mp G, class AB. Is there a specific place I can find this information. Also. Once this car warms up for like 10 to 15 minutes then it will go into gear and run perfect. We tried this yesterday and it didnt work. But today she went back out and tried and it worked after idling for 15 minutes.

Twilfong1
Are you in the usa or a another country?

Im in the US

Twilfong1
Match up your car to one on the chart I posted and tell me which transmission you have?