91 S10 BLAZER 4.3 LITER

1991 Chevrolet S-10 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 124,000 miles

91 s10 blazer 4.3 just installed new distributor have spark, have fuel, engine will not start just's turns over
Emmell2560

Were you having this issue, before you worked on it? If the computer doesn't see an rpm signal, it won't pulse the injector/s. With bypass ignition system and o/p switch in the fuel pump circuit, it is possible to have spark at the plugs and fuel pressure, engine cranking, even though the computer doesn't see an rpm signal, but, no rpm signal, no injector pulse.

If TBI, can you see injector spray pattern, engine cranking?

Blazer was running fine and just shut off like someone had turned off ignition switch. Had bad pickup coil in distributor so I replaced distributor, cap, rotor, wires. Can smell and see fuel in tbi after cranking. Where do I go from here? Thanks Chris

Emmell2560
If u replaced the complete dist. U need 2 remove it get the motor on top dead center then put it back in with the rotor pointing to the #1 wire on the dist. Cap.

Cadieman
Thought It might be a timing issue will try in am when I can see. Was having a hard time reading degrees on pointer to find zero. Do you know which end of pointer 0 is at?

Emmell2560
Also check the fuel pump and oil pressure switch

I have fuel in tbi. Where is the oil pressure switch? Do you mean sending unit? And how do I test it to see if it's bad?

Emmell2560
If u removed the dist. And didnt put it back right the engine is out of time.

Cadieman
Parts store will have the firing order and location of #1 wire on the dist. Cap. Then install the wires going clock wise. Gl

Cadieman
F/O clockwise 165432