I HAVE A CHEVY CONVERTIBLE . THEIR DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO ROLL WINDOWS UP OR DOWN. COULD THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED OR A DIFFERENT PROBLEM?

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier • 99,000 miles

The car sat for 3 years. The windows want to roll down but stop about halfway. And labor hard both ways. I've greased drivers side to no avail. Is their something with the convertible lift that has something to do with it
Rayodoms@yahoo.com

Gunk builds up in the rubber tracks to make the windows hard to move. Grease is going to make that worse because it holds in bug juice and debris. The best product to use is Silicone Spray Lube but you'll need to wash the tracks out first. Try some Brake Parts Cleaner in a spray can first to wash out the grease, then use the Silicone Spray Lube. It goes on like water, then evaporates and leaves a film of "slippery" behind. It works well on sluggish seat belts too when they drag on the upper anchor.