BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL MODULE/RESISTOR REPLACEMENT

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood • V8 2WD Automatic • 44,400 miles

I am trying to replace my blower motor control module/resistor in a '91 Cadillac Fleetwood. My problem is that the new part I ordered (GM part # 12484912) does not physically match the part I removed (GM part # 16061602). I understand the original is no longer manufactured, and the one I received is the replacement, but the mountings just do not match. Does anyone have any idea how to get the new part into the old hole?
Fullkeg

It is the mounting of the unit, and not the electrical connections? I will check on the number and reply to post, but first I need to know if this is truly a rear wheel drive, or is it a front wheel drive fleetwood?

Factoryjack
They are a tight fit into the hole with the cooling fins in the way but they will usually go after a little manipulating.

Wrenchtech
It is the mounting that is not the same. The new part is a bit smaller and a little different shape than the old part. The electrical connections are the same on both. I will try to attach pictures of both parts and maybe you can see what my problem is. And thanks for getting back with me so soon.

Fullkeg
The screw holes should still line up.

Wrenchtech
That's the big problem Wrenchtec, the screw holes aren't even close. The old one had 2 mounting screws/holes and the new part has 3. Also, the parts are a different size. The new one is a bit smaller than the old one and the shape is also a bit different. I'm bumfuzzled.

Fullkeg
Then you just have the wrong part.

Wrenchtech
That's what I was thinking, but I've searched for the proper part literally dozens of times online, on different sites, and the one pictured still comes up as the replacement part. Thanks for your feedback.

Fullkeg
I think I see your problem. The modules are different from the RWD Fleetwood Brougham and the FWD Fleetwood.

The pic on the left is the RWD and the one on the right is the FWD

Wrenchtech
I am showing 12484912 to be for a front wheel drive fleetwood, and 12368386 to be for a rear wheel drive fleetwood brougham.

Factoryjack
So is the one that looks like yours the picture on the right you posted?

Page 1 of 2