WHERE IS THE IDLE AIR CONTROL MOTOR LOCATED IN A 5.7 . I KNOW ITS IN THE THROTTLE, BUT I CANT FIND IT . NEED THE EXACT LOCATION

1991 Cadillac Brougham • 159,000 miles

Need exact location of idle air control motor. Picture would help too.
L2wo4our

Round housing with a 4 wire connector on the throttle body.

Why are you replacing it?

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/41866448.gif

Wrenchtech
Roy im replacing it because my car turns off on idle. It always turns back on for like 3 seconds then it just turns off. I happen to believe maybe its the idle air control motor. Any suggestions?

L2wo4our
Wrenchtech thanks you so much that was very helpful.

L2wo4our
I would check for vacuum leaks at the base as the base gasket is a common failure for this issue.

Make sure the egr valve is not stuck open causing a massive vacuum leak.

And lastly, it could be the valve but can be tested with a scan tool to manually operate it.

*UPDATE* I already changed the idle air control valve (IAC) and the EGR valve and also the throttle position sensor along with the pcv valve. I put all these parts new and it still does the same thing. The car always turns on but turns off after 3 seconds. I dont know if its either a leak or something causing it to choke. It also drains the battery I always have to jump start it to turn it on every time. Please help.

L2wo4our
Have you tested the fuel pressure?

Wrenchtech
No I havent not yet

L2wo4our
That probably should have been the first thing you did.
It has to be 9-13PSI

Wrenchtech
So I checked the fuel pressure and its good I even changed the fuel filter. What I did notice was that the car only stays on when I disconnect the hose that runs from the back of the throttle to the map sensor, once I connect it back to the throttle the car shakes and it turns off. So I'm thinking maybe I have a bad MAP sensor, so I go and replace it brand new and it still does the same thing. It only stays on when I disconnect the hose from the throttle that goes to the MAP sensor. What could this be? And after I replaced the MAP sensor the check engine light went off. So I dont know what to do anymore? Any suggestions?

L2wo4our
Page 1 of 2