ACCLERTAION PROBLEM

1991 Buick Park Avenue • 150,000 miles

Car IS A 1991 Buick Parkave 150,000 miles Tons of new parts. I am having an issue where you start the car and the accelerator is pressed from the park position SLOWLY begings to move forward slowly gaing speed and running at the correct speed it onoy happens fro the stopped position but pics up speed after a few hundred feet I need to have this fixed but need to know what the part is and a round about price but most of all just whats wrong with it. I have had issues with this car sinece Aug of last year speedning 2500 on it all new braking system, Starter, water pump. Ac comprssor, And on ad on it has been sitting around now sience nob and I wanna take it to a freind this weekend I just want a professional heads up on whats wrong any help would be great
Kbuddy77

Your description is confusing but it sounds like the transmission is slipping. Check the fluid level first, with the engine warmed up and running in park. If the level is okay, the problem could be as simple as a plugged filter, but more likely the clutch plates are worn and it's time to have the transmission rebuilt.

I had thi sissue happen before a year ago and it was a trodel sensor the transmission is fine I HOPE I had that check out in spet

Kbuddy77
This may be important. It does fine sometimes until the check engine light comes on and then ots back to the slow accelertaion from a stopped position and then pics up speed regularly after 100 feet or so

Kbuddy77
If the Check Engine came on, there should be a diagnostic fault code stored in the Engine Computer. Many auto parts stores will read them for you for free. Those codes will get you to the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.