HARMONIC BALANCER PROBLEM

1991 Buick Century • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 200,000 miles

I have a 1991 Buick century Limited I have replaced the harmonic balancer 3 time in 2 months and the crank seal twice, The seal popped out. I would like to what is causing this?

Giggles81974

Why did the balancers have to be changed?

Wrenchtech
The first one was replaced because the center was cracked and made less tension on the belt which caused the battery to die. It worked for about a month, Then the second one started wobbling like it was a defect and now the third one is doing the same like something is bent. Hope this helps on giving me advice on how to fix

Giggles81974
That's pretty much unheard of. I would question whether something is wrong with the crankshaft leaving the Balancer loose on the shaft but there is no reason for a tight balancer to fail like that. The only way they fail is if the rubber attaching the 2 parts rots away and that's not happening on a brand new balancer.

Wrenchtech