WITH 3.3L V-6 WONT START AFTER IT GETS HOT. AFTER IT COOLS OFF IT WILL START AGAIN.

1991 Buick Century • 135,000 miles

Starts fine when cold but after driving awhile and shut off, it wont start again. Sometimes it starts to run rough after warmed up. Replaced spark plugs, ignition module and coil packs are good.
Spiritwolf522

Do you have any codes?Have you checked for codes?Also when it dies and wont start what dont you have spark or no fuel pressure?

No codes come up, and not sure about fuel pressure, haven t checked that yet. I m reading some posts that a weak fuel pump could cause it after it warms up. I hope thats not it as its a pain to replace. Could a plugged pcv valve do that? Thanks

Spiritwolf522
Have you checked for spark when it doesnt start?Also you can rent a fuel pressure tester at auto zone.

I have a fuel pressure gauge, just haven t checked it yet. I ll check it and for spark and let you know what I find.

Spiritwolf522
Let me know about the fuel pressure and spark when it doesnt start?

I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Spiritwolf522
I checked the fuel pressure under no start condition and its within spec and am getting spark also. I m now thinking partially plugged cat or muffler.

Spiritwolf522
Also when it wont start check for injector pluse. The strange part is if it was a cat you should lose power and then die not run good then not start after shutting it off. Next time it wont start try holding your gas pedal all the way to floor while cranking it. Could be a bad coolant temp sensor.

It did seem a bit doggy after it warmed up some. It did die once and started again but died. I also held the throttle wide open to try to start it and it wouldn t start.

Spiritwolf522
To check for a clogged cat you need to have a back pressure test done on the exhaust when its acting up.