ON MY VW I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE NUETRAL SAFTEY SWITCH BYPASS CAN U TELL ME WHERE THE BYPASS WOULDVE TOOK PLACE

1990 Volkswagen Jetta • 117 miles

The Jetta has been bypassed the starter works properly I just cant seem to find that Neutral Safety Switch bypass I need to know what wires someone could have put together to bypass it it would be helpful if pictures were sent of the same vehicle so I can see where the bypass would be.
Tyshon

Is it automatic?

Fixitmr
Instructions

1

Remove the screws holding the shifter boot onto the floor, using the appropriate socket or screwdriver. These screws could have been replaced over time, and might have a hexagon head for a socket, or a slot for a screwdriver. Make sure the Jetta is in "Park."
2

Lift the bottom of the boot up and over the shifter handle, so that it is out of the way -- do not try to take it completely off the handle. Then you can see switch and wiring. See if you can find bypass that was done.

Fixitmr
The Jetta Is Manual, And I Tried to do what u told me and I didn't see any thing.

Tyshon
Not all A2 VWs (of that vintage) had a clutch safety switch.

If it had one, look for the switch mounted to the op of the clutch pedal
assembly (pedal cluster).

It would be a 2 wire switch.

You just want to be sure that you don't accidentally start the
engine while it is in gear and NOT have the clutch pressed?

Thomas

Exovcds
Was goin ta bed so I jumped the gun!

Fixitmr
Well thanks for the help, the (Vw)jetta of that year may not have had a neutral safety switch, but it seems strange that the car just wont start from the key switch, what shall I do? (The Starter is good)

Tyshon
Check the ignition switch. Power in & power out.

Exovcds