PKUP SR5 RESTARTING AFTER STALLING

1990 Toyota Pickup • 6 cylinder 4WD Manual • 250,000 miles

I have a 1990 Toyota SR5 4x4 pickup, 3.0 liter. After running, if you stall the motor, especially when warm you have to wait 5 minutes before it will start. It does not quit while running or if you let out the clutch and it stalls, you have to wait 5 minutes or so before it will start. I have put in 2 distributors, new coil, new ignition module, spark plugs and wires, battery, computer rebuilt/checked out and still have the same problem. HELP!
Jaxson

Check the fuel pump pressure. It sounds like it may be an intermittent vapor lock problem.

Rivermikerat
The reason we did not think it was a fuel problem, was that there was no power to the coil or tachometer unless there is a relay in that system?

Jaxson
No. That voltage is supplied by the ECU. Check to ensure that the plugs are receiving spark when the issue occurs. If so, I'd be even more sure of calling it a vapor lock type issue.

Rivermikerat