MY BRAKES DONT WORK RIGHT WHAT COULD IT BE?

1990 Toyota Pickup • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

We put new pads bleed them countless times and the y still dont work the back ones mainly its like the front works but not the back the pedal is loose. Its like they aren't connecting and the parking brake also doesnt work. Can you adjust them or something?
Dribbler1

Can you clear up the details? "Doesn't work" can have a dozen meanings. Do the parking brakes not hold the car? Does the lever pull all the way up with no resistance? Why did you have to bleed the brakes? What was the original reason for doing any brake work? Did you do anything to the rear brakes?

When I press the pedal goes half way down before it catches and I can tell its the front catchin and not the rear. If I slam on brakes I noise dive hard but I do stop.

Yes the parking brake comes all the way up with no resistance and does not hold.

The original reason for the brake work was the rear shoes were wore out and ended up putting on new shoes and drums because the original ones were wore out.

Dribbler1
I'd recheck the rear shoe installation. Be sure the piston / push rods are engaged with the shoe frames. Check that the shoes are properly adjusted. There should be a little resistance when you turn the drums by hand.

Thank you

Dribbler1