NISSAN STANZA NOISE PROBLEM

1990 Nissan Stanza • 152,000 miles

I have 1990 Nissan stanza. It was running hot. So I went to get it checked out. My oil was low so he put some in and changed the plugs. And he flushed the radiator. That's when it started acting up. It started cutting off when I came to a stop. Now it won't turn over. Like its lost power or something. The lifters had been making a little noise now they make a lot of noise. After viewing them I noticed a few are loose and one of the head bolts just slides out. What is my problem and is it fixable?

Jblee

The head gasket seems to have given way and the loose head bolt could be something else, such as stripped threads. You might need to replace the head. A pressure test of the head is required and it would need to be refaced too. Not going to be a cheap repair.

What price range am I looking at

Jblee
Depending on the parts to be replaced and damage it is difficult to determine. I would say from $1000 onwards.

Wow.I'm better off getting a used engine for 3 to 600 dollars

Jblee
Yup, repair cost is rather high for such jobs.