WHICH HOSES ARE TO REPLACE WHEN WANTING TO UPDATE OR UPGRADE THE COOLING SYSTEM? ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS APPRECIATED.

1990 Mitsubishi Star Wagon

I have a burst hose and believe the cause of it is a blockage some where in the system. At the thermostat all that is been seen is steam no liquid form. 100% sure coolant is not circulating. Afraid if the heads have not gone it will be so very soon. I am looking to replace the whole system. Any information will be very appreciated. God Bless.
DjMus

Did the car overheat and that caused burst?

Fixitmr
I didn't noticed when it burst but noticed the burst after I replaced the thermostat added new coolant and went on a test drive and did a diagnostic and found it spraying on the side of my engine mostly steam with some liquid form. Of course this was done when everything thing was cold.

DjMus
How did you find out about no circulation?

Fixitmr
I am looking at it right now and I'm having to find a lot of rust deposits from hose to pipe and I'm very sure with the signs of that I will find more. No circulation. My understanding is that coolant is to flow from the radiator through the hoses into pipes in and around the engine and back into the radiator. As I stated before at the thermostat there were no signs of liquid form but only steam.

DjMus
To detect flow with thermostat installed engine must be hot and radiator full. If you remove thermostat you can check flow with engine cold.

Fixitmr
That right! With the evidence I had I have removed thermostat and the casing which directs the flow through the hose and into the radiator. Basically I have left it open and all was found was steam this check was with the engine running. So back to my actual question: Which hoses are to be replaced when wanting to replace cooling system. I found one hose coming from the radiator at the bottom when it was undone transmission oil came out. I'm in the process of taking my radiator out so I may diagnose it.

DjMus
Is your coolant green in color?

Fixitmr
In deed it is.

DjMus
Myself, I would have tried pouring coolant/water into thermostat hole until full and then start car and see if an movement occurs.

Fixitmr
Ah yeah good point. I will have to remember that one for the next time. Cheers.

DjMus
Page 1 of 2