MY 190 E MISFIRES WHILE IDLES AND WHEN I PUT IT IN DRIVE IT IS WORSE AND HAS NO POWER TO HARDLY MOVE IT

1990 Mercedes Benz 190e • 13,300 miles

Did a head gasket, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, timing chain, timing adjustment, wires, plugs, air filter, checked fused, the ohm reading to the distributor and ECU are not reading right.

it will start every time and will idle but runs so rough when you try to move it at first it is wanting to but then it has no power and eventually cuts out.

the horn is disconnected and the hood latch is broken, the vacume on the doors has to be reset with the trunk key to be able to close the doors.
Twisstwiss

Check for vacuum leaks and check the compression.

Rivermikerat
We found several hoses leaking to the injection system, the compression is fine even through all 4

Twisstwiss
Did that correct the problem?

Rivermikerat
At this point we have ordered several hoses and are in the process of cleaning the system and waiting for the hoses. It as incredible the amount of build up in the system. I will keep you posted as we progress in the repair. Thank you for your hep!

Twisstwiss