OIL PRESSURE

1990 Mazda b2600 • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

My ute has no oil pressure I have removed the ballance shaft chain would that hav anything to do with not having oil pressure
Darrentex

Oil pump is driven by crankshaft so no too balance shaft chain off my question is why remove baklance shaft chain?

Docfixit
The chain I was given by the REPCO store is the corect chain but it is to long the old one had broken due to a joiner link in the chain and I was told buy 3 machinacs that it would happen again if I was to shorten it by removing links out of chain I had started my ute and had it runing for no more than 5 min and I still hav an oil light on dash board and thr is the corect amount of oil in engine

Darrentex
I have just dubble checked and all belts r tight al wireing is conected the oil pump was working before the balance shaft chain broke is there an internal oil pump?

Darrentex
Pump turns when crank turns. Put mechanical oil gague in see what pressure is

Docfixit
Thats not my model of engine the pressure relief valve is on top and horozontal of crank shaft pully and there is a spacer that fits inside the iner rotor around crankshaft

Darrentex
What is engine size?

Docfixit
2.6 is wht all engine stamp plates say

Darrentex
Sory mate u prob got beta things to do thn answer my ******* questions but can u tell me whr the rotor button needs to be when al other timing marks are lined up and also whr the oil presure sender is thankyou

Darrentex
Al the advice for u was great I thank you just a few things that I have to fix eg a slight vibration from passenger side balance shaft and a few oil leaks that I didnt seal properly again thank you

Darrentex
See pics for chain timing. Got oil pressure? Leaks around cover?

Docfixit