LEXUS LS 400 STARTER PROBLEM

1990 Lexus LS 400 • 240,000 miles

I need to find the starter on my lexus 1990 v8 ls400 andto knw why after driving my vehicle
and taking out the key from contact why it does not turn back on unless I leave it to cool
down for 3 hrs
Fastees

If you follow the battery positive cable, you should come to the starter motor at the end of it.

When you say you can't turn back on, do you mean not able to crank or what?

It doesnot turn back on for 3 hrs its as if no connection is made to turn back on

Fastees
I was told to get to the starter that
It's in the center of the engine block, flush to the firewall and beneath the intake manifold. If you're handy with tools and know your way around the Lexus engine, all you need do is remove V-Bank Cover, Air Cleaner Inlet, Intake Air Connector, Throttle Body Assembly, Left Hand Timing Belt Cover, Intake Manifold Assembly and various connecting tubes, wires, hoses, etc. After you get to it, the tough part is removing the starter because of the difficulty of getting a ratchet on the two mounting screws flush to the firewall.
Is that correct or could their be another problem?

Fastees
Does that mean you are not able to crank the starter?
Are the dash indicator lights showing?

I would not rush into the work first without understand what is causing the problem. It could be a wiring or ignition switch fault and dignosing the cause should be the priority.

Starters seldom fails and works again after waiting.

Yes the lights on the dash show when I turn the ignition on but when I crank it the lights turn off again there is no actual contact or noise for the starter to turn on to rev the engine back on.

Fastees
Most likely you have a faulty ignition switch if all dash lights turns off when you turn to crank. I would start with testing the switch.

I took it to an electrician and he connected a temp wire from the starter next to the battery and he said if the problem persists again to place the wire to the positive charge on the battery and it should start. If it doesnot start up it is probably the starter that is the problem.
When it occurred again I did that but it caused a spark and did not start back. I waited 3 hrs and turned it back on normally without my needing to charge it with the temp wire.

Fastees
Does seem to be the starter that is causing the problem.