ES250 TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1990 Lexus ES 250

I have a 90 lexus es250, I got a code to replace transmission solenoids. I attempted to replace myself as project. I downloaded instructions online and followed. I am finished but the car wont go in any gear. I am able to shift to the gear but the car wont move. Is there anything I obviously missed?
Devonliburd

How did the transmission shift before you replaced the solenoid?The same or different?Also what was the exact code numbers you had in the computer?

The transmission was shifting fine before. The O/D light was blinking and then it would run a little bit rough. That would happen on and off. I got the codes 62, 63 and 64 from the jumper test from this site. My speed odometer and rpm gauge also only works on occassion.

Devonliburd
Recheck the wire connector for the solenoids. Seems you did not plug them in correctly or the solenoids at valve body had not been plugged in.

Btw recheck the valve body installation, Ensure the shift mechanism for manual valve is slotted in correctly, failing which you would not be able to shift into gear. Shifter would work but the manual valve would not.

Ok, so I had a mechanic check and he said the manual valve was installed incorrectly. It is now driving but running really rough. Yesterday, I had an incident where once it was hot it went out of gear and will only go in reverse, after shutting it off for about 5 mins and restarted, it worked in forward gears but wouldnt go in reverse. After about 2 hours and back to cold it worked like before again, rough but all gears worked. I checked and still have the 62 and 63 codes but no longer the 64.

Devonliburd
Code 62 - Defective # 1 Solenoid. Severed wire harness or short circuit. Faulty ECU.

Code 63 - Defective # 2 Solenoid. Severed wire harness or short circuit. Faulty ECU.

You would need to test the wireharness to ECU for open or shorting. It could also be due to bad solenoids.

Disconnect ECU connector. Using ohmmeter check for 11-15 ohms
resistance between connector terminals S1, S2, SL and GND. If resistance is not within specification, check for faulty circuit or solenoid. If circuits are correct, try another ECU.

Ok
So the tranny fried and I bought a rebuild kit and had a technician rebuild it for me. We just installed it and the transmission would only go in L and R gears, in D or 2 it would only rev as if in neutral. The technician says the solenoids are good. What do you think could be the problem?

Devonliburd
Disconnect the solenoid wires and manually shift into gears. If it does not engage in D or 2, the transmission has a mechanical fault.

Does it upshift to 2nd when in "L" and does it slip?

If I go from L to 2 it feels as if you are shifting from 2 to L, jerks slows down and then neutralise. If you rev hard enough it goes forward slowly.

Devonliburd
Something was not installed or adjusted correctly and from symptoms, it most likely is the 2nd brake band.