HONDA ACCORD ENGINE PROBLEM

1990 Honda Accord • 200,000 miles

I desperately need new brake pads and rotors- As I was pulling out of my house today to go get them replaced, the car started shaking violently and wouldn't move forward unless I pushed down on the gas, and when I did, it had trouble moving and the car shook even worse- what is going on!

Can't tell you that over a computer. How do you know those parts were needed, and how long were you driving since you found out? Lots of city driving or mostly on the highway? Were you hearing grinding noises before this trouble started?

This shaking of which you speak, ... Does that occur while standing still or just when moving? Where do you feel it; steering wheel? Whole car? In the brake pedal?

I took off the tires myself and noticed the brake pads were pretty thin on the driver side and virtually gone on the passenger side, to where the rotor was starting to get worn. I noticed it about 3-4 days ago but had to put it off until payday yesterday. Most of my driving is city driving, to work and back. The shaking starts when I shift into drive and remove my foot from the brake, the entire car shakes

Brematale
The shaking is not a brake problem. That's an engine misfire problem. Start with the basics; spark plugs and wires. If your engine uses a distributor, replace the cap and rotor too. Misfires can also be caused by a problem with the fuel injectors, or an engine compression problem related to valves sealing or valve timing.

Not sure it could be a spark plug or wiring problem? Or even a fuel injector. Car has trouble accelerating and shakes violently when I hit the gas. I'm taking it in to my mechanic tomorrow but don't want to go in blindly not knowing a thing

Brematale