CHEVROLET TRUCK BATTERY PROBLEM

1990 Chevrolet Truck • 130,000 miles

My truck wouldnt star this morning eventually it did I drove it last night round 6pm went out at 9am and no start I know my batterys fine and checked alternator wen running it was at over 14 like.2 I think I did realie when cranking over that the battery dropped to 8 something is it possible that the alternators doesnt put out the extra juice when trying to start I just dont wanna take the alternator out for no reason if its fine let me know what you think thanks matt
Matttyw20

Battery should drop no lower than 9 volts when chranking. Load test the battery an dstarter.

I load tested my battery the other day with my hid's on an radio and it was in the 11s I believe the starters fairly new I kno about 2 years ago I had this issue and a new alternator fixed it

Matttyw20
I just don't wanna pull it and be told by parts store that its fine lol

Matttyw20
If battery is charged and good it won't drop below 9 it can be the starter drawing tomuch as well. Do what you want we only give adviece an dit's yours to follow or not

How could I check to see what the starters drawing thanks

Matttyw20
Yu need an amp gauge to do that and battery must be in good shape first. Auto parts stores can test them off the vehicle as well as test batteries.

Alright thanks i'll remove battery have thenm check it then go from there

Matttyw20
I just have other quick quesion I have a battery disconnect switch that I mounted before from when I thought it was a draw issue and i've just been turning the battery off over night would that make a difference

Matttyw20
Only if it were a bad connection or not going on all theway

Well I jus went outside an started my truck the battery went from 12.8 to 9.69 when cracking so since my starter has lifetime warranty should I take it out an get it replaced an hope tht fixes it

Matttyw20
Page 1 of 2