WILL THE MAP SENSOR CAUSE A TO STALL

1990 Chevrolet Truck • 97,000 miles

Truck will start and run for a few seconds then stall
Pblack1948

It sure will have you checked to see what the fuel pressure is?ALso have you checked for codes?

Fuel pressure is 14 psi the code is 43

Pblack1948
I need more info on your truck to look up info. Like model engine size etc?

1990 5.7 tbi step side

Pblack1948
The fuel pressure is good code for 43 is electronic spark control signal voltage low that shouldnt cause a no start. Have you checked for injector pluse or power to the fuel injector?

Haven't done either one of those things. I'm not that knowledgeable about what you're refering to as far where to check. But soundsw like it make sense. This my help you. The batter indicator on the dash haws a low voltage but the battery measures 13.2 volts. Any othere ideas. Thanks for all the info.

Pblack1948
If your talking about your battery light that will stay on untill the engine starts and it gets a charge signal from the alternator. So what lead up to the no start?As far as the injector pluse you would get a gm tbi noid light unplug the injectors and plug in the noid light with the key in the run engine off that light should be off. Also with the engine cranking the light should flash. Thats how you check that. Also with the engine off and the key in the run position one wire to the injectors should have power.

By the way where is the knock sensor and what does it do?

Pblack1948
A knock sensor is a input on how the engine is running like if its pinging etc and then the computer will adjust the ignition timing to try to correct the pinging.