CHEVROLET SILVERADO BODY PROBLEM

1990 Chevrolet Silverado • 82,000 miles

The accelerator is very hard to push. It is o.K. A new cable was installed and the "foot-feed" is o.K. Attached to the EFI housing are 3 cables. One is the accelerator cable and it's new. I don't know what the other two do. On the side of the EFI unit housing is a spring and a metal plate on to which the three cables are attached. Is the problem with the EFI unit, the spring or one of the other two cables. Truck runs fine but one frrequently "burns out" at an intersection because the accelerator is so hard to push. Appreciate your suggestions.
19gipper49

One is for the trans throttle pressure control. The other is cruise control.

Disconnect one at a time to see if it is cable related or the throttle body itself

Thanks. Roy. I knew this was a good thing but I just hadn't done it. I was wondering if something about the EFI could be causing this? I"m betting it has something to do with the spring.

19gipper49