CHEVROLET LUMINA DOOR PROBLEM

1990 Chevrolet Lumina • 180,000 miles

I have a 1990 Chevy Lumina 3.1 I have no heat the blower blows but does not blow hot air my coolant is fine and the engine temp is at normal operating temp. I have flushed the core and run Prestone Radiator Flush as directed. I can feel a change in air flow when I move temp control to Heat and select Heat. Also, if I switch to defrost, the compressor comes on but air does not switch from front vents.
Kenboggs4520

Are both heater hoses hot?

How did you flush the heater core?

Yes all hoses are hot.

I disconnected the hoses at the firewall going into the console area and using a shop vac to blow air, I connected hoses so that I go push water back through and out into a gallon jug. THe fluid was green with minor amount of trash. After that is when I put Prestone Flush and ran the car for a couple days> Today I drained that and filled with Peak 50/50. Having no temp problems at all.

Checked all fuses and popped off console. Then I realized that the heat/air switches are like an enclosed mother board and stopped.

Kenboggs4520
You will need to check the blend door motor to see if it is moving the door to the heat position.

Thanks Roy.I will go get a Haynes Manual. I did not know what part to look for.

Kenboggs4520