WILL PCM FROM AN AUTOMATIC WORK ON A 5SPEED CAR OF SAME MAKE AND THATS ONLY DIFF.

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier • 186,000 miles

Only car can find a replacement pcm from in salvage yard is out of an automatic everything else is the same. Curious if it would work and if it will cause any problems cause mine is a 5speed car.

Bsdbrad

You need exact match in numbers to work.

Get a reman unit. Junkyard ecms rarely work.

Why are you replacing it?

Pcm has been jared around alot and now car doesn't start. Drove it to my destination and there it has sat 4 about 3weeks now. Ive checked for injector pulse, replaced fuel filter, checked spark, fuel pressure, replaced crank sensor, knock sensor, checked ign. Modual, only thing left is pcm for most part. Figured that it has to have something damaged inside its got pretty warm and I live in an area that has a bad washboard road so wouldn, t surprise me that it has a problem from being bounced around. And ive also checked ground and fuses.

Bsdbrad