DEAR SIRS

1989 Volvo 440 • 24,000 miles

Hi, I Have a volvo 440gl, from 1989, with a 1.7 Liter engine. Engine code. B18F. The car won`t start. The fuelpump are not priming the engine, in the 3 secunds, as it should. When I turn the kee to start position, the starter is turning. There is also spark on the sparkplugs. The fuelpump is new, and I have also change the fuelpumprelai, and the main relais in the fusebox. When I connecting a wire betwine 30 and 87 on the fuelpumprealiswitch, the fuelpump are pumping normaly. Its like the ECU doesent get any electriciti, because I think that the ECU should give a message to the fuelpump to start. Maybe its the ignition switch. I have tjeckt all the cabels, and I can`t see any leaking. I have also cleant all the earths wires without any result. What can it be?

Thanks and

Many kind reguards Dennis
Dennis Westermann

We don't have any information on your car because it was not available in the U.S.

Check continuity on the wire to pin 87. Also check continuity from switched power to pin 85. If you have spark, the ECU has power. The problem is the fuel pump relay not being switched.

Rivermikerat
Do you have power on the injector wiring harness and are the wires colored orange?

Also how many fuel pumps do you have?