HOW DO I REMOVE THE INTERIOR DOOR PANEL AND WINDOW SWITCH ASSEMBLY?

1989 Toyota Camry • 170,000 miles

I have an '89 Toyota Camry whose driver side window control stopped working. All the others still work. The one that controls the driver's side window has stopped working momentarily in the past but would work once the door was opened and then closed again. I assume there is a wire that has come loose.
Beaulackey

There might be a screw by the door handle, by the arm rest and maybe a few along the bottom of the door.

Once you remove those there will be plastic clips inside the panel that you can release by gently pulling the panel away from the door.

Start at one of the lower corners and use a plastic putty knife to seperate the two. Once you get it srarted you can look inside the panel and see the plastic clips. They just pull srtaight out with the door panel.

ALLPRO
More likely you have a broken wire between the door and frame.

I was able to rule out the switch assembly so its either the window motor or as you say a broken wire. What is a good way to test the window motor? If it is a broken wire will the entire harness have to be replaced?

Beaulackey
You can always repair the broken wire.

Open door and wiggle the harness between the door and frame while operating the windows.
If windows works, you need to check for a break that is usually within the wire, ie the outer insulation is good but the wire has a break internally. Tugging at the wire would break the circuit.