CAR PROBLEMS

1989 Plymouth Acclaim • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

1989 Plymouth Acclaim, Wont accelerate, cuts off when I idle or remove foot from brake runs really rough, Have to slam pettle to the floor to get it to go and even then wont go the way it should, have checked all hoses, changed fuel filter I dont know what else to do
Brandie89

Sounds like it's time for a tune-up. Running rough is a sign of a misfire, usually caused by spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. The fuel filter rarely causes problems on Chrysler products.

I have checked the spark plugs, Wires, and Distributor cap, and rotor, Was thinking Timing Belt. Have no idea it was running fine before the oil placed changed my oil and did a engine oil cleaner now running horrible.

Brandie89
Ahh, more details. Take it back to that shop and ask them to recheck their work. A vacuum hose may have gotten knocked loose and finally fell off. Timing belt is a possibility but that wouldn't have anything to do with an oil change.

U can hear it sucking in Air we took off air filter cover and u can hear the Carburetor sucking in air

Brandie89
What you're hearing is the air passage around the throttle blade opening up to let in more air. At the same time the Engine Computer will command more fuel from the injector. That's how it regulates idle speed. You're hearing it respond to poor running and lower than normal idle speed. The computer is trying to get the idle speed back up to where it wants it.