MY CAR IS EXPERIENCING A CURRENT DRAIN , IT IDLES LOWER THAN USUAL, WHEN I REV THE CAR IT SOUNDS FINE BUT WHEN I TAKE MY FOOT OFF THE ACCELARATOR THE IDLE DROPS DOWN SO LOW IT CUTS OFF THE ENGOINE; THE ALTERNATOR IS CHARGING , ANY IDEAS ON WHAT CAN BE CA

1989 Mitsubishi Galant

I've changed the air flow sensor, TPS sensor, plugs, plugs wires, even the orignial coil pack. I have a MSD 430 blaster. The air idle control works.
Rachy84

Do a current draw test, place an Amp meter between battery pos and the cable, close doors and with key out read the current draw, if above around.15amps pull fuses one at a time to locate the circuit that is drawing current, also check for fusible links and test the alternator as well by disconnecting all plugs and main feed as a faulty diode in the rectifier can cause a back feed while still charging.

Mhpautos