MAZDA 929 EXPANSION VALVE PROBLEM

1989 Mazda 929 • 13,300 miles

I need to change the dryer receiver went on line and the dryer receiver all the web site shows for that car does not look anything like the one on the car. Does the top come off the one on the car and screw into the 4 season 33590? Thanks for the help
Corvette1

It's part of the accumulator. Replacement receiver / driers can look different, but why do you think it needs to be replaced? Is the system still charged with refrigerant? If it is, are you aware of the dangers of working with refrigerant? Professionals use safety glasses AND face shields, and gloves.

It is not part of the accumulator the car has an expansion valve. No the system is not charged. I replaced the compressor, I would like to replace the receiver dryer and the expansion valve as the old compressor seized up. The receiver dryer that all the parts house shows it nothing like the one that is on it. Also not sure how to remove the expansion valve, And yes I do have gloves and safty glasses I wear when I work on it. Thanks for the help

Corvette1
Dandy. Here's a photo of the receiver / drier. This is the same part number you found already. It's listed on rockauto. Com as a receiver drier / accumulator but it appears that's the heading of the category, not that both parts are in there. My mistake. If it helps, it's listed as having a left-hand thread.

The expansion valve is shown too. It looks similar to what Chrysler used up against the firewall. One bolt on those removes the aluminum block with both hoses attached.