JEEP WAGONEER GAS PROBLEM

1989 Jeep Wagoneer • 145 miles

It's a "Grand Wagoneer". A leaking transmission pan gasket. Very minor leak (drop every 3 minutes while parked). Not coming from anywhere else. Plan on temporarily sealing it with a tire plug and "gluing" the plug in place with Ultra Black from Permatex. Does this sound viable?

A leaking transmission pan gasket. Very minor leak (drop every 3 minutes while parked). Not coming from anywhere else. Plan on temporarily sealing it with a tire plug and "gluing" the plug in place with Ultra Black from Permatex. Does this sound viable?

Checkenginececil
No because teh silicone wont' stay there with oil on it. If it's leaking from pan gasket just replace it, it'snot that hard and dowens't ake that long. Besides it may not be from gasket it may be from another area.

It's the gasket. I've cleaned everything else around it, including the throttle linkage, etc above the pan (on that side). I have nothing off the lines, filler tube or housing, and only the items rear of it get wet (the cross member and a little ways down the underside). I cleaned it w/ brake cleaner, and afterwards (several minutes later) it will again eventually start leaking (dripping) from the rear corner w/o being carried from anywhere else. As I responded to a previous (inadvertent double-post), I don't have the money and I'm prohibited from working on a vehicle where I live. I know the pan removal is the way, but I'm just looking for a "quick fix".

Checkenginececil