HONDA PRELUDE SENSOR PROBLEM

1989 Honda Prelude • 250 miles

I have a problem with my 1989 Prelude 2.0 SOHC that I can't figure out. The main thing is when I do a cold start ( I live in Northern WI, it gets very cold here) the engine barely runs because its misfiring so much. I get a lot of smoke out of the tailpipe and a heavy fuel smell, that I assume if from the cylinder not combusting. The colder the weather the worse it is. It will run like this for 5-8 min before it starts firing the way it's supposed to. I also get long cranks on hot starts. Other than this issue it runs fine.

What I have done to fix the issue. I started with the basics,

Replaced both Fuel Filters
Plugs
Wires
Dist Cap
Rotor
Air Filter
PCV Valve- did not replace grommet for some stupid reason.
Valve Cover Gasket and grommets

That doesn't help so I start working on the Check Engine light. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to read the codes, but I eventually found it and started with that.

1st code- IAT sensor. Replaced that sensor on the Air filter housing.
2nd code- Coolant temp Sensor. Replaced that
3rd code- Crank Angle Sensor. Only comes on after its been running a while, and I decelerate quickly. I did some research and found that the crank angle sensor is located inside the distributor. So I found a used distributor with the vacuum advance still in good condition, I replaced the distributor. It seems to be running slightly smoother at idle, but the engine still misfires like crazy on cold start-ups, and I still get the Crank angle sensor code. That's where I'm at. Any help would mean the world to me.

I do seem to be losing a little coolant and I don't see drips or a puddle in the driveway. I top it off every month, and its about 2-3 cups low each time.

1989 Prelude 2.0 SOHC
Carb

The chokes sounds like they are running way too heavy when cold.

You have 2 carbs?

Have the chokes checked as they are not open enough in the mornings or cold start to let the engine breathe correctly.