STALLS WHEN HOT AND PUT INTO PARK

1989 Ford Taurus • 153,000 miles

I have a 1989 ford taurus 3.0L OHV. Have replaced Idle Control Valve, Throttle osition Sensor and recently a bad Ignition control module. When car is hot and you pull into a parking spot and put it into park, it stalls.
I am thinking about replacing the ECM, have any other ideas?
Otherwise the car runs fine. It used to stall when foot not on gas but on brake, even while going 35 or so, it would stall. After replacing ICM, seems ok that way.
Since this car has NO way of setting the idle, what really controls it and alters it for driving, park, A/C or not, etc?
Garyhorne

Start with a fuel pressure check. It should be 35-40 lbs.

Is the check engine on?

Check engine not on until it stalls

Garyhorne
Can you explain how and where to check the fuel pressure and with what? I just want to buy the correct gauge set.

Garyhorne
Can you explain how the fuel pressure is different when hot and why it only affects idle when put into park?

Garyhorne
There is a port on the fuel rail.
When the pump is hot, it slows down and eventually goes down below running point.
Engine voltage at lowest in park while voltage is up above idle.

Are you from Pa?

Yes from PA, Philly area. Is there a way to replace the fuel pump, in the tank, without dropping tank. Some cars had a plate that could be removed in trunk.

Garyhorne
Tank must be dropped to acess the pump.

Are you gary with the 65 SS and the smart car.

Yeah, roy from pep boys?

Garyhorne
Yes, sir, how are you? I am not there anymore for many reasons.

Email me at roybelding@gmail. Com