THE HYDRAULIC LINE IS NOT PUSH IN FAR ENOUGH WHAT COULD BE STOPING IT?

1989 Ford Ranger

When I push the line into the slave cylinder it wan't push in far enough seem like the clip have something to do with it but any way the clip fell out from the slave cylinder and I can now push the hydraulic line in far enough so now how can I put the clip back on the slave cylinder with out takeing the tranmission back out it is in a close place
Joe1953

Did you push at the clip while pushing the line in? Line and clip has to go in together.

I push the clip in first and then the line.

Joe1953
While pushing the line, you need to push at the clip to release the lock for the line to go in. If it still fails, you could have a problem with the size of the O ring or the slave cylinder could be not according to specifications. Apply a coat of brake fluids to contact surfaces to see if it helps.

How can I put the clip back on the slave cylinder the clip is off at this time, there is very little room.

Joe1953
You need to find the space. Pull the line out and install clip. Insert line and push clip fully in while pushing at the line. New O rings tends to be fatter as they are not compressed so some force is required when pushing at the clips. A open end spanner would do nice for leverage.

The line will push in all the way with no problem with out the clip, when you say find the space, do that mean take the tranmission back out to put the clip on the slave cylinder because the clip is just inside the bellhousing.

Joe1953
If you can't get the clip in without taking the transmission off, you have no other option.

Thank you for answer my Questions.

Joe1953
You're welcome.

Is there any way possible you can send me a picture video showing how to connected the line into the slave cylinder.

Joe1953