IGNITION WILL NOT ENGAGE THE ENGINE IN MY TRUCK, WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

1989 Ford F-150 • 268,000 miles

I have a 1989 F150 6 cyl, manual tranny, I replaced the ignition switch on top of the steering column and the ignition assembly as well. I have recently replaced all solenoid, starter, and alternator. The actuator rod moves back and forth when I turn the key over so I know its not the actuator arm behind the steering wheel. What else could this be? I go to turn the key and I hear everything come on lights, radio, fuel pump etc, but when I go to turn it over the key just stays all the way over.
Nmccarty82

Check that voltage is going to the starter from the seloniod in crank pos.

Cadieman
What if the voltage is going to the start to the solenoid just fine? What then?

Nmccarty82
How do I know if it is getting what it needs? Do I have to buy a voltage tester? What are the steps I should take?

Nmccarty82
MAYBE LOOSEN THE SWITCH AND SCOOT IT BACK TOWARDS THE STEERING WHEEL?

BASICALLY PUT THE SWITCH IN THE "ON" POSITION----SCOOT THE SWITCH BACK (WITH ROD IN IT) TILL THE RADIO COMES ON!

IT MAY TAKE A LITTLE "TWEAKING" TO GET IT PERFECT

HERE'S SOME PICS OF AN '88 F-150 I DID FOR A FRIEND

I TOOK THESE PICS BECAUSE ON A JEEP CJ 5 AND 7, YOU ARE UNABLE TO DROP THE COLUMN YOU MUST DO THE WHOLE DEAL BY FEEL

I ANSWER A LOT IN THE CJ FORUMS (MY THING) AND JUST KNOWING WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE WHEN IT'S HIDDEN, MEANS A BUNCH TO SOMEONE WHO BASICALLY CHANGING ONE BLINDFOLDED AS IN A CJ

I DID MEAN ABOVE---PUT THE KEY IN THE ON POSITION SCOOT THE SWITCH 'TILL IS CORRESPONDS