FORD E-SERIES VAN SENSOR PROBLEM

1989 Ford E-Series Van • 136,000 miles

Where is the iat sensor on a 1989 e150 with a 4.9 engine. Bought one at parts store and can not find anything that looks like it. No place to screw it in. Have a code 54 engine flooding
Boxcover

It is located in the air intake snorkle which runs from the air filter to the intake manifold. (I'll try to attach a picture)

Freemba
Top Front Of Engine, In Intake Manifold

Wrenchtech
The only wires going to the air intake system is for the idle air control valve and the throttle position sensor. No wires to snorkle or air filter box. Is there anything else it could be/act sensor I know its not a vat

Boxcover
Is it the IAT or ACT sensor that you need?
Is the service engine light on? If so what's the code?

Freemba
Freemba is incorrect. It is not in the intake snorkel. It is thread into the intake manifold, near the front.

Wrenchtech
Have looked at the entire intake system several times and can not find the iat sensor anywhere.I have a code 54.I have a new iat sensor so I know what it looks like, also I have replaced iat on other cars and trucks and you are right they have always been in the air delivery system before the throttle body. There is no place on front of intake manifold for iat. I wish it was there as it would be easy to see there. Oh yea its not in the air filter housing either. Thanks for your help so far

Boxcover
I would like to thank wrenchtech for the picture of the intake.I would never have thought to look there.5 stars

Boxcover
You're welcome

Wrenchtech