FORD BRONCO VALVES PROBLEM

1989 Ford Bronco • 300 miles

I was going up a steep hill one day and my bronco 2 with a 2.9 v6 was weak so the automatic crammed 2nd at about 5k rpm and after I got to the top of the hill I noticed it was runnin slightly rough shaking, won't stop changing from 3rd to fourth, I drove it for about a week thinkin my plugs or wires had maybe gave out, then a few days later it completelyW quit on me and wouldn't even idle by itself. I drove it a bit further down the road and it whistled and quit, then would barely crank.

I thought I had blown it up till
I did compression tests then I was stumped it wouldn't even fire when ether was sprayed in it. Later I took a guess and tore the timing chain out and was surprised to see the cam sprocket had spun the little alignment tooth clean off and was sitting about 40 degrees off the hatch marks, I replaced it all and put it back together noticing that the rotar button was no longer pointing at the number one plug wire, and yes I aligned every TDC before if starting, it now will barely crank after I reset the wires again to the new 180 degrees difference, I would greatly appreciate the advice I have been to numerous garages, and some have said I may have bent my valves but others say they haven't heard of bending valves on the 2.9s anyways thanks so much, Brandon
Hillkord

300 thousand miles that is

Hillkord