DODGE CARAVAN SENSOR PROBLEM

1989 Dodge Caravan

My questin is I have a 89 dodge caravan le and the speed omiter didnt work when we bought it we found the omiter itself works an have been told it is the wireing harness for the speed omiter. Where do we hook it up we know how to hook it to the omiter but not where the hook up to the transmisson is. We cant find that hook up. Help this is it I am on a fixed income and this is our van we just got it. My sons a new driver and cant yet gauge speed yet with out the speed omiter. My husband use to do all this but he passed away so its just us and a friend trying our best. This is my sons first car and we need to use this car as soon as possiable. Please help. Us. Thank you sharon

The most common cause of a dead speedometer is a defective speed sensor. 1989 was the first year they stopped using a cable to run the speedometer and just used that sensor. It's on the right side of the transmission behind the engine and is fairly easy to replace. Also check the terminals in the connector to be sure they're making a good connection. Pull the red locking wedge out of the connector, then use a small pliers to lightly squeeze the terminals.