CHEVROLET SILVERADO ENGINE PROBLEM

1989 Chevrolet Silverado • 127,000 miles

Was traveling 55 mph down road. Put cruise control on and vehicle started sputtering and died. Will not restart. Replaced ecm, coil, cap and rotor, fuel filter, fuel relay and oil pressure relay. Where do I look next? Fuel pump will turn on when jumpered but will not when ignition turned on.
Jasmer0096

Scan for codes and chec fuel pressure, it shold be 9-11 psi. Check to seee if ignition components are any good. It explains it on the site how to check. You can print it out for your system.

Scanned for codes. None. Service engine light will not come on when ignition on, and my fuel gauge is pegged at the full position since problem occured. Funny thing is when I plug in code reader gas gauge works properly and service engine light works properly. Short? Where do I look? Have pulled out cruise control/blinker/wiper switch and nothing.

Jasmer0096
Try ground wire battery to body and engine to battery. An ya it sounds like a short.