CAN I USE AP606 PLUGS IN AN 89 3.8?

1989 Buick Lesabre • 135,000 miles

I bought new plugs and when I got home, I realized I bought 606 instead of 605.I installed them anyway, and the car seems fine. Should I be worried or will they work just as well?
ChefGeoff

Thats a different heat range plug I would put the correct one in.

Most of my trips are less than 5 miles in stop and go traffic, and the gas here is 10%ethanol, and I've been using 87 octane lately instead of 89. Should any of these factors affect my heat range selection. Also, auto lite has both plugs listed as heat range e14, but I still can't find a chart from them to explain what that means

ChefGeoff
No it shouldnt effect heat range needs I always stick with the stock heat range plugs Different brand plugs have different heat range charts not sure about those plugs.

Found their chart and yes they are 1 heat range hotter than stock. I wonder if Wal Mart will take them back opened and slightly used. My old plugs were seriously eroded, but otherwise looked good. Should probably take your advice and stick with the same heat range. Thanks for the help.

ChefGeoff
Your welcome also you said your running 87 octane instead of 89 octane if it calls for 89 octane you should run 89. The higher octane the slower the burn they run higher octane for higher compression ratios. Run the lower the octane you could get pinging/knocking and engine damage could occur.