THROTTLE CANNOT STAY STEADY AND GOES BETWEEN IDLE AND 2000 RPM

1988 Toyota Supra • 80,000 miles

1988 toyota supra - at 2000 rpm Have replaced air manifold meter and all hoses. Problem started after a hose burst. Car did not overheat. Replaced that hose and went ahead (due to age) replaced all hoses. When driving slowly (such as parking lots), car bucks badly at about 5-10mph/2000 rpm. Did some research and determined it might be the air manifold. Replaced that. Some improvement -bucking was not so prominent, but car cannot maintain steady rpm.

Have taken to four mechanics in the (DC) area, none have been able to figure it out. \ I just want to enjoy the car as I have for almost 24 years.
Pennettimom

Carbuerator or EFI fuel system?

Electronic fuel injection

Pennettimom
Clean and test the idle air control valve, EGR and PCV valves-also test the MAF and TPS sensor-to include a fuel pressure/vacuum leak-check-start here

Thank you. I had thought something like this, but had no idea where to start. You've given me some starting points and I really appreciate it.

Please notify your web site that I could not get a donation to go through. I was using a credit card (not pay pal) and it kept telling me I had not input the: expiration date of card and type of card. I tried four times. Each time making sure it was on the form and correct, but after submitting, it's like the form reset those fields. I will still make the donation, just need a fix to this.

Pennettimom
Does this model have a water heated throttle body?

Mhpautos
Truthfully, I'm sure what a water heated throttle body is, so I will say no. This is a 1988; maybe the 90's versions had it.

Pennettimom
Have you checked what I've suggested?

No, it's winter here and my garage is not heated and I'm in the middle of renovating my kitchen. It will probably be two to four weeks before I can get through everything.

Pennettimom