FAULT DIAGNOSIS

1988 Peugeot 505 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

I have a peugeot 505 1988 wagon, I have to date changed the ignition regulater, fuel pump and filter. When the car heats up it stalls and it takes up to an hour before I can start it again
Crikeygirl

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Thanks for your help I will get someone to help with it this week and I can let you know. Thanks again

Crikeygirl